The configuration of your Opera Mail client is a three step process. You will need to ensure that your Outgoing SMTP settings are updated to point to the Rocketseed branding server, that your mails are correctly formatted in HTML and that your Character Encoding is set to Western European or UTF-8.
If you follow the step-by-step procedures below, you will be sending Rocketseed branded emails in no time!
If you do get stuck, please remember you can contact the Client Service Team who will be happy to assist.
- Click on the Tools option in the top toolbar – A dropdown menu will appear
- Click on the Mail and Chat Accounts option – The Manage Accounts pop up window will open
- Click on the Mail Account that needs to be changed and click the Edit button – An Account Properties window as shown below will be displayed
- Click on the Servers tab – The incoming and outgoing SMTP servers screen will be shown
- Enter the Server Name “the value provided by Rocketseed” in the text box provided (The server name will be supplied by your Rocketseed representitive)
- Change the port number from the default (25) to 587
- Enter the User name “the value provided by Rocketseed” in the text box as indicated (as supplied by your Rocketseed representative)
Enter the Password “the value provided by Rocketseed” in the text box as indicated (as supplied by your Rocketseed representative). *Note that the password is case sensitive, so you must enter it exactly – the capital letters are important!
- Click the OK button – The advanced screen will close
- Click the Close button – The Accounts screen will close
HTML and Character Encoding Settings
- Click on the Tools option in the top toolbar – A drop down menu will be displayed
- Select the Mail and Chat Accounts option from the drop down menu – A Manage Accounts pop up window will be displayed
- Double click on the email account that needs to be updated – An Account Properties screen will be displayed
- Click on the Outgoing tab – The Account Properties screen as shown below will be displayed
- Select the UTF-8 option from the Default Encoding drop down list
- Check the Prefer HTML formatting check box
- Click the OK button
- Click the Close button