How to create an email signature for G Suite
Setting up a Gmail signature is simple and lets you feature your name, job title, contact details, links and images – such as your company logo or headshot photo – on every email you send.
1. Sign in to your Gmail account.
3. In the General tab, scroll down to the Signature section and click Create new.
4. Enter a name for your new Gmail signature template and then click Create.
Note: You are naming your new Gmail signature template for easy future reference, this name WILL NOT appear in your new email signature itself.
5. Add your desired signature details text in the right-hand text box. In addition to your name and job title, you can add contact details including your business and mobile telephone (cellphone) numbers and business address.
6. Use the options on the formatting bar to customise your signature details’ font style, size and colour to match (as closely as possible) your brand requirements and refine your signature layout using the alignment options.
9. Happy with your new Gmail signature? Then click Save Changes at the bottom of the window.
Note: You will not be able to use email signatures with images, social media icons, or hyperlinks if you have Plain text mode enabled in Gmail’s message composer. To disable Plain Text mode, simply click More option and deselect Plain text mode option.
How to add a signature to an email
To test your new Gmail signature and add it to your emails, just follow these 3 simple steps:
1. Sign into your Gmail account.
2. Click Compose.
3. Click on the Insert signature button and select the signature that you wish to add.
Want your signature to be added automatically every time you compose a new email? Then select your chosen signature from the drop-down menu in Signature defaults, which also gives you the option of adding different signatures for new emails and for replies/forwards.